Friday, September 7, 2018

Multimedia XTRA - X1 - "House Plant"


The inspiration for my drawing comes from some characteristics about my hometown, Titusville. Titusville has always been this small little town with not many people. The only reason some people have even heard of Titusville is because of the Kennedy Space Center (KSC). KSC actually happens to be in Merritt Island which is about 30 minutes form Titusville but we get some representation because many people who live in Titusville work for KSC and anytime there were rocket launches Titusville would get some tourist attraction. The rocket programs stopped awhile back and many people were laid off out at KSC. Now the programs are starting back up and to get ready for the influx of workers and tourists that might come, many new neighborhoods and housing complexes have been built or are being built. Every time I go home for winter break or summer break Titusville looks less and less like I remembered it. Everywhere there used to be woods where me and my friends would explore there are now new housing developments. Our city council thinks that KSC will attract more workers and tourist which it probably will but I hate to see the place I remember go. Overall this image represents the slow but steady destruction of nature and the building of houses and housing complexes in my hometown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project - Video Deconstruction

For the video deconstruction project I decided to focus on various aspects of Walt Disney himself and the Walt Disney...