Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Final Project - Video Deconstruction




For the video deconstruction project I decided to focus on various aspects of Walt Disney himself and the Walt Disney theme parks. In order to create my video deconstruction project I gathered most of my video and audio clips from archive.org. Throughout the entire film I specifically arranged the video and audio in a way that what viewers hear or see might not exactly match up to expectations of what they might have expected to see, but is still associated with Disney. I decided to base my final project on Disney because recently I’ve actually become a huge fan of Disney. It seemed as though after I decided to purchase an annual pass to Disney, Disney seemed to consume my life in some way that I could not explain. I yearned for the nostalgia of being at Disney all the time and I wanted to wear all the latest Disney gear every time I went. It was as if Disney was my happy place that I felt I could forget about the important things I had to do and just have fun. Even watching Disney movies makes me feel less stressed and more happy. In watching my film I want viewers to think about how many aspects of their lives are in a way associated with the Disney company, from the entertainment companies they own, to their one-of-a-kind theme parks, to the conspiracies that have long been associated with them.

5 comments:

  1. I rally like the message of your piece. I myself did mine on media manipulation, and think Disney and its properties are guilty of just that. You made this pice ultra creepy, which oddly brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video was extremely well constructed. Such as you many things that are around this wall has a wall that block people to think what it really is. I'm not sure about this consperacy but it can clearly be possible and you demonstrate well through combination of the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on juxtaposing the happiness of Disney with the darkness of the conspiracy theories you touched on.

    ReplyDelete

Final Project - Video Deconstruction

For the video deconstruction project I decided to focus on various aspects of Walt Disney himself and the Walt Disney...