Sunday, October 28, 2018

Assignment A5 - Xerox

For the Xerox project I decided to simply try and recreate an eye because of all the parts on the human body I find eyes the most interesting and captivating. I choose to do an eye because I was inspired by the surrealist art movement and I found it ironic, in a sense, to illustrate a part of the body recreated out of other body parts. As humans we use our eyes every day to see ourselves and the world around us, but we never have the chance to view our own eyes unless we look into a mirror or we are photographed. I wanted to get across the idea that people shouldn’t take anything for granted. Sight is an amazing sense that most humans are fortunate to have. Most probably don’t ever even think about the sense of sight because it’s something that has been there for them since the beginning. Hopefully my piece will influence viewers to be more conscious about themselves and the world around them and how they shouldn’t take things for granted.


P.S. I had some trouble with the printers in Cass and some of my prints came out with a red tint to them even though I printed them in black and white.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project - Video Deconstruction

For the video deconstruction project I decided to focus on various aspects of Walt Disney himself and the Walt Disney...